Friday, January 30, 2009

Is January over yet?

Saturday, Jan. 24, slapped the Snowder family aside the head, but all is well.
The day began with Jeremie getting up early to play basketball, a regular weekly ritual. However, the chest pain that he experienced after playing basketball the prior Sat. and Tues. returned a third time. Convinced that he can't live with heartburn every time he pulls down a rebound, he went off to a medical clinic to seek some quality antacid since the Tums he took that morning obviously didn't work. The EKG results at the clinic lead the doctor to call 911 and have an ambulance sent to take him to a hospital. He gave his cell phone to the nurse to call his wife, who was coaching Cara's basketball team, and she met him at St. Mark's Hospital. He had a heart attack with blockage in the Left Anterior Descending artery. All was under control again after an angiogram was completed and a stint placed in the artery. (By the way, Cara's BB team won)

That evening, when the Lewis' came to watch the kids, they took Tadd to a clinic to get some antibiotics for an ear infection he had. The clinic had other ideas and would not release Tadd because his blood oxygen count was low. An ambulance (and Sarah) were called to rush Tadd to Primary Children's Medical Center. He was diagnosed with RSV and spent the night at the hospital in the arms of his grandpa.

Sarah, not to be outdone by Jeremie and Tadd, made her own visit to the emergency room Sunday morning for treatment of an anxiety attack with her heart racing.

We are all home now and all is well. Sarah is calm. Tadd is active again. Jeremie is taking it easy. No basketball for ?6 months? The BBall he played was a good thing to catch the heart problem early. A worse case would have been for the blockage to go unnoticed in a calm heart until major damage was inflicted. The prognosis looks good. Not much of the heart was damaged, and we pray that full, or nearly full recovery will come.

We are blessed to be together again and have felt the love of family and friends through last week's experience. We heard that we have been in several people's prayers, and are grateful for your thoughts. As for why our family had such an eventful weekend, not much physical reason can explain it. Further discussion is required for other reasons why we had such a great journal entry weekend.

9 comments:

Annette said...

We are SO glad you guys are all home. Hopefully February will be much less eventful!

Renae said...

Thanks for posting and we're so glad that everyone is back to normal--like we see on your blog header. Everyone still crazy and happy!! Love the new look to your blog.

barrettandaudrey said...

Wow Sarah, you guys have been through it. We read about it on Tiffany's blog and have kept you in our prayers. I am glad things are going better now. Oh, by-the-way, this is your cousin Audrey. I love that you blog, it is a great way to stay in contact. Have a great day!

White's said...

I'm glad to know that I got most of the details correct. Also glad that everyone is on the mend. Tiffany

Lianne said...

I hope all of the recovering is going well for everyone. I am definitely amazed and grateful for modern medicine! I love those pictures at the top of your blog. They are so awesome!

The Fred & Stephanie Lewis Family said...

We are so glad you are all OK. How very scary for you all. We love you!
-Steph

mom said...

Live never holds a dull moment. You were in our prayers and we hope that you are all feeling better. At least one person didn't get all the attention.

Jen and Alec said...

Hi Sarah--This is your cousin, Jenny. Wow- I am so sorry! I guess in your case, "When it rains, it becomes a typhoon." I hope everyone is feeling better.

Tricia said...

Oh my goodness!! Talk about a crazy week! I'm glad you're all doing well again and hope that things continue to improve for Jeremie. We've been thinking a lot about you guys!